My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Swan Plant Seeds - for Laura

Just a quick piccy for Laura from Darroch Cottage.  These are Swan Plant seed pods and seeds when they are ready to harvest - I took this shot last year.  By the way, if anyone in Kiwi land wants a few seeds, send me an email with your address and I'll post you a few.  I can't guarantee their viability as I haven't sprouted any, but worth a try to get Monarch Butterflies into your garden.

And I've got a "I'm back" post half sorted for tomorrow.  See you then!!

4 comments:

  1. wow, they're lovely! I'm so glad I kept several of the large pod things now. I'll definitely try to plant some, I'm having such fun watching all the caterpillars. Your kids would love them.
    If I get any chrysalis I could try take one over to yours for them to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that everyone knew what this plant was called bar me. What planet do I live on?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thank you for your offer, that's lovely of you... they actually grow like wildfire here, I know where to find them, just not what they were called!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I have been given a plant and it has become inundated with caterpillars. They have stripped the plant. My daughter is bringing me leaves from her school to help feed them but i googled what else they could eat and it said pumpkin. Its true. I put some small pieces down and my monarch caterpillars are eating them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!