My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Selling up a storm...okay, selling up a gentle breeze!


I've finally got around to listing some more of my positive/negative appliqué patterns onto my Felt shop.


The rustic background is the outside wall of my house - shadowclad plywood that has greyed in the sun.  I tried setting up a light box but they looked awful, sort of 'stark' and like I was trying too hard!


This isn't all of them, but I thought I'd show you a few - you could always go browse my shop if you wanted to see them all, hee hee! ;)


I think this gecko is my favourite, the tongue and claws aren't too tricky to stitch and they really make it work.


I tried to get a picture of my Tree of Life quilt top - which I've FINISHED!! Just the top, mind you.  Still got to baste and quilt it, so it won't be hanging in the Auckland Festival of Quilts seeing as the hand in date is tomorrow.  But it was just too windy, the light was funny, and I was dozey after working a night shift last night. 

So now it's off to bed for me and looking forward to a productive weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Your positive/negative blocks are gorgeous!! Well done on getting the Tree of Life to a nearly finished state - even if you didn't make the show deadline, there will be other chances to show it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the the last one best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blog comment - I'm hoping to transfer this technique to fabric.
    My fave is your third leaves pic down ... lovely. Congrats on a tree of life finish - what a huge achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful! Great silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!